CTC Kingshurst Academy is a GOOD school ”
We are absolutely delighted with the outcome of our recent Ofsted inspection; it reflects all the hard work of staff, students, governors and parents over the past two years - next stop outstanding!
You can find our most recent Ofsted report in the download area below.
Behaviour and safety of pupils
Leadership and management
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
- All groups of students achieve well. Disabled students and those with a special educational needs make equally good progress as others.
- The academy is taking successful action to reduce the gaps in performance between those who may be more disadvantaged and other students.
- The quality of teaching is good and some is outstanding. Teaching has improved since the last inspection. Most teachers plan their lessons to ensure that students achieve as well as they should.
- Students behave well and feel very safe. They have a good understanding of the academy’s high expectations of behaviour and say that only a very small minority finds these difficult to meet at times.
- The principal provides strong leadership. Leaders and governors have successfully recruited staff who completely endorse and support the academy’s ambitious commitment to its students.
- There are high expectations of all who work at the academy. Systems for checking performance are rigorous and any weaknesses are quickly dealt with. Morale is high and staff are proud of what has been achieved.
- The sixth form is good. Students achieve well and make a positive contribution to the life of the academy.
Click here to see a short video highlighting Ofsted's comments on Post 16.
Web Link Area